Friday, March 4, 2011

We planted our seeds today

We started by reading "Plants" by Melissa Stewart, an e-book we checked out from the Scottsdale Library online. The kids learned the word "photosynthesis" and how plants make their own food. Just like we do in the kitchen! haha.

We planted sweet corn, green peppers, carrots, cucumbers, pumpkin, peppers, squash, tomatoes, watermelon, forget-me-nots, a single apple seed from an apple my son ate, and a mystery seed my daughter found at the park yesterday.

We bought a green house with pellets for ease of planting. Just add water!

We made signs for the seeds out of toothpicks and masking tape.


Here is our little garden :o) We can't wait to see some sprouts!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hi...I am thinking my nine year old son is dyslexic and am in a distance learning program. The public schools say they won't think of testing him until the Fall at the earliest.

    We have limited income...very limited and I am wondering what to do next. We don't have health insurance, so I don't know how expensive a diagnostic test would be.
    I know Dyslexia Corrector Nancy Speel will EVALUATE him for $75 and then another $25 for a report.

    Any advice on what to do first?

    The public schools don't seem to want to give the money or support to this issue.

    I guess I will have to continue homeschooling and learn ways to help him.

    Please help! Beth Grieves
    bethanygrieves@gmail.com
    480 721 7561

    ReplyDelete